Monday, January 14, 2008

Science Center and Car Trouble!

The 2 photos are tiny models on a huge table where they have Thomas the train and other trains go around the table. See the baseball fans below, they're made out of Q-tips! I like going there because it shows all 4 seasons, and the lights will dim as if it's night time, then brighten up. Funny because Carrie said to me, "We've been here 2 days already" but it was only few minutes!
These two activities were Abby's favorite. Playing in the water, of course and playing the digital drums. She thought it was hilarious because there's a microphone where your voice becomes distorted when you speak into it. That's Abby's fave part about the drums because she records her voice and hits the first button which sounds like a chipmunk and the end is a boy voice.
Look at Abby's face, that's how she reacted when she saw the TV with the brain jello that we can eat! Abby said EWWWW!!!! (That's her friend, Isaac, on the left). Josh sat in the front, and Bing Xia sat with her mommy eating snacks.
I liked this one because it's cool. It looks like gel is inside and you can move the Earth one way to see it spin, then stop it and spin it the other way to see what the gel does. It looks like a hurricane.

Today, Abby and I went into Pittsburgh to drop off my car at a Volvo dealership. I've been having some trouble with my car lately, and 3 local places couldn't help me because they didn't have the parts. To make long story short, my car is no longer driveable. It's parked in my driveway and I'll put it up in the newspaper to see if anybody wants to buy it for the parts.

What am I gonna do about transportation? It's too cold for me to walk, so that option is out. I know alot of people walk everyday in this weather, but I can't! Bicycle would be fun, but Abby doesn't like it. Since she's with me all the times, that mode of transportation is out! I'll need another car, indeed and I'm working on it with some advice from my friend's brother.
Anyway, when we dropped off the car this morning, my friend and her 3 kids came to pick us up from the shop. We went to a sandwich shop in Pittsburgh, called Uncle Sam's Sandwich Shop. Abby said that it was better than Subway! The service was quick, and she liked having french fries. I had onion rings, but it was too much for one person!
Afterwards, we all went to the Science Center, which Abby loved. We watched a "kitchen" show about brains, and they made jello using a model of a brain. Abby thought it was gross, and so did I. They used red jello mix and added yogurt (I think to make it look pinkish and more realistic). The kids all had fun, and this time I have photos! The last time we went, my batteries died. Now I can share them with you.

Oh yes, it also snowed this morning. Alot at once, but not enough to play in it.

Please pray for me to find a car within my budget!!!






1 comment:

TXdanielly said...

Have you posted the volvo on Craiglist? I will ask Philip about it when he gets home (like how much he thinks you should ask for). Would you qualify for a leased vehicle or a used car from a dealership, paying monthly installments?