Saturday, January 12, 2008

Free Books! Well, kinda...

Hello all,

My sister told me about a website where you could swap books. It's called...

http://www.paperbackswap.com/

To start an account, you have to post 10 books that you are willing to mail out to other members. You will receive a free credit for doing just that. Oh, the credits is what you use to receive books from other members, and when they get the ones you mail, you will earn a credit. If it's an audio book, then it's worth 2 credits. The only thing you pay for is the postage when you mail books at media mail rate.

Anyway, I joined the club a week ago, or so...and posted 10 books and within the hour, there were requests for 6 of my books! I mailed them all out and as of today...all have been received! Today, a member requested a book from me. I'll be mailing it out on Monday.

Yep, that means as of now I have total of 7 credits. I got the first credit on the day I started the account, so I already received the book that I wanted. It's easy to find books because the website has a search engine. You can search books by titles, keyword, authors, etc...but you also can search in "posted book list" so I would know what's available. If I searched for a book in general, and it's not posted then it'll go on my wish list. As soon as a person post that certain book, the first person in line will receive that one.

For my first book to receive...I just typed "deaf" in the search and they showed a list of all books that is related to deaf. I clicked on 3 books and none of them were available : ( Now they're on my wish list and I am number 4 in the line. Then I found one that was already posted, and I got it. It's a book written by Marlee Matlin, "Deaf Child Crossing". I haven't started reading it yet.

I can't wait for my other books to arrive!

1 comment:

TXdanielly said...

I love paperbackswap. I haven't been able to use it much lately since we are in the middle of moving, but I am sure I will get back into it after a while fi I start having more books than I think we need.

I just read "PAWN" and am now reading "RED" both by Christians, and I think I'll hold on to them, that's how much I like them :0)