Thursday, January 10, 2008

Busy Week!

It's been a busy week for Abby and me!

First of all, Monday was the first day we got back to homeschooling again from the Christmas break! A friend showed me a link to try out for Abby, it's called Time 4 Learning. That link allows Abby to do some work in different subjects such as math, language arts, science, social studies, and etc. The first day, she was upset when she saw the "timer" on the screen. I had it set for 30 minutes in total, first half is for homeschooling, and the 2nd half is for free play. She said, "Mommy, 30 minutes is a long time!!??" By the time she was done, she said she liked it. I thought she was just trying to make mommy happy. However, on the 2nd day, she didn't even go to the free play online, she stayed on the school part the whole 30 minutes.

Of course, that's not all we do, we have books to read, writing activities for Abby to do, and lots of math activities. We're going to start P.E. again which is swimming and gym at the community center, just five minutes from home. We go there every Tuesdays. My friend told me that it was going to start again in Feb. but then the center called her last Tuesday and informed her that it actually started that day! We'll start back next week, and it will continue through May.

There's another group that meets in Pittsburgh, which is about 25 miles from home. They meet on Wednesdays, and a new group developing and that group will meet on Fridays. Both groups will have classes such as art, science projects, music, foreign language, and many more. Abby haven't been enrolled in either one yet. I'm waiting on the registration dates, and the prices, etc.

Tuesday, we went to play at the local park with our friends, it was in the high 60's temperature!!! Beautiful weather! Abby had fun with her friends, and a little toddler was following her around the park. I told her to stop going all over the park because the cute little boy made his poor father follow them all over the place! She said, "But he is following me." I said, "Well, he obviously likes you!" All the kids there had fun, including the little boy who copied everything that Abby did!

Yesterday, we went swimming with our friends and Abby wants to do that more often, she LOVES the water. Afterwards, we went to eat at Subway for lunch and then two boys came over to our house and played with Abby and video games for a while. Then we all went out to eat at an Asian Grill in Robinson Center, and did a little shopping. When we got back, we watched a movie and by the time I got home, I was officially worn out!!!

Today, we're doing homeschooling and then I'll mop the floors. This is my very first time to live in a home with hardwood floors. I have to sweep everyday because of 3 cats, and I mop every now and then because of footprints or whatever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neat about how busy yall have been with friends! What movie did you watch? Which park did you go to?