Friday, April 4, 2008

GPS and the Deaf?

Hey DeafRead! I need your help!

I am ready to spend some money on a GPS because I am always getting lost. I am terrible with directions. The last time I got lost was last month in downtown Pittsburgh. I was driving and trying to read my mapquest papers in the dark and watching where I was driving at the same time. I missed the turn so I had to turn around but I couldn't make an U-turn because you know...downtown! One way streets, buses all over, people walking, many intersections, and the street signs sometimes aren't there!

Anyway, I am planning to go to Washington D.c. this weekend and I really want to have a GPS this time! I am tired of printing out mapquest directions, I've been doing that for too long!

My dad loves his GPS, and he said that it talks to him and tells him where his next turn will be in advance! There are many different kinds of GPS out there, with different features.

That is where you guys come in...I really need you to tell me which GPS you use and why you love it? I don't want to buy a GPS that talks because I am profoundly deaf, so which GPS do you think will work for me? Thanks in advance for any feedback, tips, reviews, etc!!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: