Saturday, April 12, 2008

Last night

I've been in Washington D.C. for the last several days, staying at a friend's apartment. I am babysitting 2 kids, and 2 Pit Bull dogs! I will post photos when I get back home from this trip. They're really cute dogs, Mack is 3 years old and Angel is 4 months old. Abby loves them so much that she is always anxious to get back to the apartment after we drop off 2 girls at school.

Pit Bull dogs are known for biting people, animals and killing them by locking their bite right on the neck. That is because they were taught that, or mistreated when they were growing up. Not the 2 dogs that we are caring for, they are so sweet! They love to sleep with me every night! We will miss them when we leave tomorrow.

Anyway, last night I drove the 3 girls to a shopping center right across the street from the apartment. We usually walk there, but this time we had to drive because it was literally POURING!!!

We needed to buy some band-aids because one of the girls got a scratch at the playground. We've been at 2 different playgrounds almost everyday because of the NICE weather the whole time we were here except for the day we arrived.

When I was driving, I saw white stuff flying around and I was shocked and said "WHAT?!?!?! It's snowing!?" At first, I thought it was flurries but wasn't sure because they looked too big to be snow, so I thought maybe hail but they didn't look like it. It was hard to tell with the pouring rain in the dark so I stared on the road in front of me and tried to figure out what were flying around and landing on the road. Monique laughed at me and said "Cherry Blossoms!"

AHA! Yes, it is the season for the Cherry Blossoms and it's big in Washington D.C. You can see a picture of Abby with Cherry Blossoms from last year, it is on the right side of this blog. I haven't taken any pictures of this year. Maybe I will tomorrow morning before we leave, if I remember to do it!

1 comment:

granola girl said...

Glad you are having a good time!!

Have a safe drive home.

hugs,
Carrie