Sunday, April 6, 2008

Firefighter's Demo

Today, after church, we went to a center where they had an "expo" type of thing inside the building from all kinds of places like different businesses in the town and nearby.

Outside, there was a big orange jumping thing for kids, and a mobile home that you can see below. It's a firefighter "demo" home with a kitchen and 2 bedrooms. First, we all went into the kitchen and the firefighter talked to the kids about safety in there with the stove, oven, toaster, and etc. He showed us that there was a pizza box in the oven which will eventually start a "fire".

We went into the middle room and talked for a while, I have no idea what he said. I was in there holding my niece and with my Abby, and their cousins. Anyway, we went into the last room and the fire alarm went off so the firefighter told all the kids to touch the door first before opening the door, it was warm and there was a little smoke. We all crawled (except me, I walked on my knees cuz I had little Tara with me).

We were back in the middle room, and the firefighter asked us to feel the door, and it was hotter. He asked the kid in the front to open the door a little, and when he did, we saw a lot of smoke so he shut it closed.

We all turned around and went out the window! There's a video of Abby and other kids climbing out of the window : ) After we all got out, we ran around to the front to call 911.
From right to left: Abby, Kade, Tara, and a boy.
Inside the building, there was a table with all different kinds of bottles like Sunny Delight, Apple Juice, and etc that showed how much sugar was literally in that certain bottle. I took a picture of this Coca-Cola cuz that's what I drink sometimes! I prefer tea and I know I don't put that much sugar in my cup, whew!
Abby calling 911

I'm trying to get all 6 kids in the picture, so far I got almost 4 in this one.
Finally, I got all of them! You see the little boy, my only nephew! He wants to be a firefighter when he grows up!






Abby wanted to sleep over at her friend's house Saturday, so she did. Today, she went to church with them and borrowed her friend's clothes. After church, we all met at this place that had a "festival" for the town. I've never seen her so dressed up in shoes like those!

Now the video of kids climbing out of the room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pics~!