Monday, March 24, 2008

Good Morning America and Marlee Matlin, KDES, MSSD

http://blog.deafread.com/mishkazena/2008/03/24/good-morning-america-today-marlee-matlin-and-mssd-performing-arts-company/

I found this blog from deafread and it has a link where you can see today's clip of Good Morning America with Marlee Matlin about Dancing with Stars. They also showed some clips of deaf children from KDES dancing on stage, and high school deaf kids from MSSD dancing too.

I missed the show this morning, it starts at 7am! Impossible for me!

So I was glad that someone found the clip and posted it on deafread, now I can see it. Only problem is that it's not closed captioned, but you can at least see some people signing so I was able to follow the show somehow.

When I lived at Gallaudet, I lived at the KDES apartment complex which is on the 4th floor but right below us was the KDES elementary school. I went there many times for my education major courses to observe classes, teachers, and etc. I also went there to pick up kids for my friends who were either stuck at work or in class. Most important of all, some of these kids used to hang out with Abby. It was really great to see some of these kids on the show!

Check out the link and watch the show!

1 comment:

TXdanielly said...

did Abby recognize any of her friends? how cool!