Saturday, December 22, 2007

Friends, 2 movies, and a deer!

Yesterday, we went over to our friends' house to watch a movie, "Home Alone". Abby was so excited to go and was ready at the door! Usually it's me waiting for her, but it was visa versa! Abby didn't want to watch the movie. I made her stay in the living room for the first few minutes, so she played with a cute little girl, named Audrey. She's 17 months old and so cute! I wish I had my camera with me last night. Abby played with Audrey's kitchen set, fake food, and took Audrey "shopping" around the living room. Abby made her laugh by putting a butterfly net on her head like a hat. After maybe 15 minutes, she left and played alone in the playroom.

After the movie, the 2 boys went to join Abby playing with legos. The adults stayed and watched another movie, called "Ocean Thirteen" with Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Al Pacino, Matt Damon, and more. As the movie was beginning, my friends informed me that this movie was a sequel to two previous movies called Ocean 11, Ocean 12. I thought, "Oh no, will I be able to follow this movie??" It took me a while to put names to the faces because often as the characters spoke, their faces were turned away from the screens. I couldn't tell who was saying what, but the subtitles had the names "Linus:.....", so that was the only area where I had a little trouble following. There were two or three parts where my friend paused to explain (something from the previous movies). It was an interesting, and funny movie. When the movie was over, it was almost 11pm!

I went into the playroom and 3 kids were still playing legos and as soon as Abby saw me, she ducked under the table. She didn't want to leave. She have been giving me hard time about leaving thier house in the last few visits. I had to tell her that if she continues this, then I would have to stop bringing her over. (Of course, I wouldn't but that's the only way to make her cooperate!). She got up and put her coat, and shoes on but she still had a frown on her face.

We got into the car, and I like to let it warm up for a while. It's 10 years old! While we waited for few minutes in the car, Abby and I used that time to chat. She was still upset about leaving. I told her that we will come back on Sunday. We started to go up the street and saw a deer! It was in the street, right in front of my car. I had to move very slowly because usually when I see one deer, there's more around. We waited and watched the deer, I think it was a young deer. Finally, it got on somebody's front yard and started eating grass. I drove by very slowly. Abby got so excited and wanted my pager and said "I am going to call Carrie!!!!!" I told her that she couldn't call Carrie because it was too late, (11pm). She got upset and then complained about making her leave. I think she was cranky and tired. I put her to bed right away.

Today, Abby is in a happy mood. I went to my next door's to feed thier dog, Rosco. He's a pretty dog, the same colors as a Beagle dog but it's a Bassett Hound dog. He was happy to be outside, especially because it's a beautiful day. It's in the 40's, considered warm to me!!

Abby wants a puppy for Christmas!! I'm not ready for a dog, not yet. One day, though.

1 comment:

granola girl said...

I'm glad you guys came over and watched movies!!

You're lucky the deer didn't snort at you and not let you in your car---it's happened to Matt before. :)

See ya tomorrow!!