Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to School, my new job and today!

Abby's first day back to school after one year of homeschooling. She's enrolled in a private school where they have only 9 kids in her class.
I don't know what she's doing here...my sister took all these pictures. I couldn't be there for her first day of school cuz I was at my new job at the time. Being silly, I guess! Abby sitting outside with her cousins - ready to go to school!
Kids playing around : )
On the way to school!


After school, I went to pick her up and asked her all about her first day. She said that one boy in her class likes Pokemon, just like her. There's only 3 girls in her class including her, and 6 boys. Her teacher wants Abby to teach the class some sign language. So far, she has taught the kids "hi, bye, and I want a cookie" haha. She also told me that they played an awesome math game that she really loved. (For a girl who hates math...that's pretty good!!)

I see that I haven't added anything to this blog for almost 3 months...the whole summer! I've been busy for most of June and part of July just playing outside, taking Abby to swim with friends or by ourselves at a nearby community pool, or simply in our backyard with water balloons and neighbor kids. Also for two full weeks, Abby had her 2 best friends stay with us and Abby really enjoyed having them here. She was very sad to see them go back home and asked me if we could move closer to them. They live in Frederick, MD which is 4 hours from here.

Another reason why I've not blogged is because my camera is now considered as a foreign object every time I try to upload pictures on my computer! I don't know what happened!?!? So I have no pictures to show on my blog! You see the photos of Abby's first day of school because that's from my sister's camera and she e-mailed me those pix.

Then in mid-July, I applied for a job at Pressley Ridge and got the job! You can check out the website...http://www.pressleyridge.org/about/ Between July and now, I've been training like crazy! I like working, but I just wish I could work during the hours that Abby is in school. Right now, I work the owl shift...overnight and I get off at 8am but don't get home till 9am cuz it's one hour from home. Some days, I don't get to leave work till 9:30am or so but it just depends on what happens each morning.

Anyway, it's Thursday and I'm off from work so I took Abby to school this morning with Petunia in the back seat. After I dropped Abby off, I took Petunia to the nearest playground to see if there's any walking trails for us. As soon as I got out of the car, Petunia jumped out and ran! I was afraid that she'll get out of the park and get hit by a car so I chased her! I love bicycling, rollerblading, swimming, but NOT running and she got me running! I ran after her for a while as she was zigzagging all over the park! Thank goodness, there's nobody at the park...it was 8am! She crouched down to take care of her nature call and I took that opportunity to step on the leash before she could escape from me! We walked around the park and there wasn't much of a walking trail so we just stayed there for a little while.

Then I saw a huge dog that was free and it was about 50-100 feet away or whatever, and Petunia saw it as it was looking at her so I was waiting for one of them to start barking but neither one of them did. They just stood STILL and stared at each other but then I noticed its' tail...it was not a dog but a deer! The deer was trying to get out of the park but couldn't find her way out cuz of the fence all around and she was banging her head on the fence trying to break it. I didn't want it to come towards us and hit us with her head so I thought it was time to go home.

Today was our first attempt in finding a walking trail...if anybody knows of one that is in my town, please tell me! I know there's one in Tom Run Park but with my hourly commute to and from work, I'm tight with gas! So I want something local where I could take Petunia for a long walk without worrying about cars.

2 comments:

granola girl said...

Hope she has a great year and you enjoy your new job!!!


We are back to school too and doing ok.

JuJu's Place said...

Good luck with school and the job! You could try the Northern Panhandle trail- you can get to it at the Harmon Creek exit. http://www.panhandletrail.org/Welcome.htm

Have a great new school year!